Staff training is essential for specific purposes related to your business. Incorporating training that develops employees toward long-term career goals can also promote greater job satisfaction. A more satisfied employee is likely to stay longer and be more productive while on your team.
New technologies mean that new work skills are constantly required. To succeed in business or in a career, people will need to be very flexible about where they work and how they work, and to constantly change the range of skills they use at work.
There are two types of training:
On the-job training:
Employees develop and improve their work skills whilst actually doing the job in question. For example, word processor operators rapidly improve their skills by constant practice. A supermarket till operator quickly learns effective practice by working alongside a more skilled mentor.
Employers will often encourage their employees to develop their skills through off-the-job training courses. For example, a trainee may be allowed to attend a day-release course at the local college. This might apply to a wide range of different skills including hairdressing, banking, insurance, electrical work and plumbing.
We support our clients with a full complement of Managed Training Services covering content development, delivery of third party programs, delivery of proprietary training programs and management of learning technology. We provide these services in whatever combination is most useful for our clients.
All our staff training services are available on-site in person or via web conference.
We have structured our practices so that each practice remains focused on what matter most (driving value) while also providing the benefits of top-notch managed services scalability, process excellence, continual improvement and cost efficiency.
Benefits of training:
- Training your staff can result in better customer service, better work safety practices and productivity improvements
- Training provides the structures, techniques and awareness to manage time and workload efficiently, which increases productivity and motivates staff to achieve more.
- Training can be used to create positive attitudes through clarifying the behaviors and attitudes that are expected from the employee.
- Training can be cost effective, as it is cheaper to train existing employees compared to recruiting new employee with the skills you need.
- Training can save the organization money if the training helps the employee to become more efficient